Nobina interim report 1 september–30 november 2015
Profit before tax (EBT) increased by 17.9% in Q3
THE THIRD QUARTER
• Best ever third-quarter earnings and net sales.
• Net sales increased by 12.1 per cent, to SEK 2,179 million (1,943).
• Operating profit was SEK 161 million (160).
• Profit before tax (EBT) increased by 17.9 per cent, to SEK 125 million (106).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.1 (1.2).
• Cash flow from operations before changes in working capital was SEK 328 million (308).
NINE-MONTH PERIOD, 1 MARCH – 30 NOVEMBER 2015
• Record net sales and earnings for the nine-month period, before IPO costs.
• Net sales increased by 9.1 per cent, to SEK 6,156 million (5,644).
• Adjusted operating profit increased by 22.4 per cent, to SEK 404 million (330) before IPO costs of SEK 204 million1). After IPO costs, operating profit was SEK 200 million (330).
• Adjusted profit before tax (EBT) was SEK 279 million (151) before IPO costs and a bond redemption of SEK 297 million1).
• Earnings per share were SEK –0.0 (1.7).
• Adjusted cash flow2)from operations before changes in working capital was SEK 851 million (734).
• The fourth quarter is expected to be yet another solid quarter in terms of sales and earnings.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN THE THIRD QUARTER
• Nobina won tenders conducted by Storstockholms Lokaltrafik (SL) worth in excess of SEK 4 billion over the contract periods.
• Nobina won a traffic contract in Norrköping worth almost SEK 400 million.
• During the third quarter, members of the nomination committee were appointed pending Nobina’s 2016 annual general meeting. The annual general meeting will be held in Stockholm on 31 May 2016.
IMPORTANT EVENTS SINCE THE END OF THE PERIOD
• Nobina won a traffic contract in Helsinki worth almost SEK 1.4 billion over the contract period.
• In December, Nobina started traffic under a traffic contract in Värmland containing 254 buses.
Once again, Nobina is reporting its best-ever quarter in terms of sales and earnings. Nobina’s net sales during the third quarter of the year increased by 12.1 per cent, to SEK 2,179 million. Profit before tax increased by 17.9 per cent, to SEK 125 million.
During the quarter, Nobina won several contracts to provide transport services on behalf of SL, (AB Storstockholms Lokaltrafik) and Östgötatrafiken. The transport services on behalf of SL are divided into two contracts: Järfälla and Upplands Bro, as well as Södertälje and Nykvarn. The contracts are estimated to be worth more than SEK 4 billion over the contract periods. The service on behalf of Östgötatrafiken involves regional transport in Norrköping, valued at almost SEK 400 million over six years. We are pleased with, and proud of, our contract wins in the third quarter in which quality criteria have played an important role in the tender process. Nobina’s attainment of the highest points in these categories is testimony to the fact that our business processes function well.
We now have a number of quarters behind us with record sales and earnings and we expect the fourth quarter to be yet another solid quarter.
Nobina is on the right path for delivering long-term, sustainable profitability in accordance with our financial targets. I look forward to paying out our first dividend in line with our communicated dividend policy.
President and CEO