Smart transport solutions for a sustainable society
Nobina strives to make as many people as possible view public transport as a safe and convenient mode of transport, making it a simple and obvious choice to travel by bus rather than by car. This is our main contribution to a sustainable society, with the subsequent reduction in traffic, congestion, emissions and stress. This creates a need for more smart solutions for the entire journey, such as possibilities to find and plan the best route, purchase tickets and obtain fast, correct information during the journey.
Our strategic focus areas
Smart transport solutions
We will develop public transport solutions that meet the need for sustainable and more fossil-free modes of transportation both today and tomorrow, and that simultaneously strengthen our significance in society, our growth and competitiveness.
We will be a proactive partner for our clients by taking initiatives that improve collaborations and our solutions for them. This includes developing contracts and conditions throughout the contract cycle.
Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
The goal is to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable. Nobina’s greatest contribution is to interim target 11.2 on providing access to safe, reasonably priced, accessible and sustainable transport systems for all.
- We developed the Travis app, which connects various modes of transport and simplifies travel planning and payment.
- We launched LandvetterExpressen, an airport bus route from Borås with 50 daily departures.
- In Barkarbystaden, we realised Sweden’s first BRT (bus rapid transit) system with electric-powered buses, and also launched the first route with autonomous buses.
- We launched the information system Ersätta, which established a new standard for bus-for-rail services.
- We took the initiative for a national industry forum for special public transport services to promote quality development.
- We produced an accessibility report that demonstrates the importance of improving accessibility in cities in the Nordic region.